Saturday 23 July 2011

Cleaning the closet and more....

                                                     The heavy Rains in satara have always given me pleasure..the scenic beauty..the calm and breathtaking nature..more on that later..but recently..what this rainy season has given me..is a solitude..but in a positive sense. While the unstoppable rains cut out the rare chances of me going places...the power cut off's or low voltage situations cancel out the entertainment sources like television or my p.c..and then I am left with my little old school radio and thus I began cleaning my closet..
                                                        Starting off with the  clothes section..I realized I had lot of them (which astonished while I had nothing to wear every morning..)Some old...some brand new..Some gifted..some earned...and what not..!! That pretty little scarf woven by a far-away grand mom...the first LBD..and off course..there were my school uniforms..with badges..belts..scarfs and ropes..The day I passed out of my school..I had promised myself that i will never give my uniforms away..I had preserved them for five years by now..and yet they looked clean and laundry fresh..I wish it could have been the same with the school days..though they made me nostalgic..the memories that once were the only part of my life were gradually fading away..like a poem you learn for a recital..and then forget it after some years even though it had given you a glazing certificate...It made me think..!! Should I keep these?? these could be a dress for someone unclothed..but what about the memories associated with it ? How could I see this later on..? but the question was..would I ever feel the need to see them again?? dilemma stayed..uniforms..they stayed too..
                                                        Then I turned to a highly private section of mine..!! the cards,diaries and stuff like that..It had almost an overview of my life until now..the personal diaries you were asked to maintain in schools..they sounded so funny..the things I loved back then were the ones I totally hated now..and the ones I was cranky about were now a part of my daily routine..I was so different back then..I hated both of the ME's..and loved them at the same time..The moral education class good thought collection..the assembly papers..the hand painted Birthday cards by friends who I no longer had a touch with..made me to think what will my closet have after ten years from now...will it have the memories of the people associated with me today like this..or will it just be the same..??? Will all this matter to me? or will it just be crap..? Isn't this the same with our minds?  
                                      Somethings,some people,some incidents made a difference for a while in our lives..as time passed..it all overcame everything..but those things occupied our minds like these things occupied my closet..I didn't need to have them anymore..it meant nothing anymore..but I just couldn't get rid of them..not back the..not now..and may be never will..but isn't this fatal?? Shouldn't we learn to get over things? good or bad..they were a past..weren't they? then why should they be affecting our todays and tomorrows..!! sentimentality is good..only if we can deal with it in real terms..! The good should just be a step to do better and the bad a lesson of what not to..and the rest..is history..
                                           

5 comments:

  1. jus amazing.... I never thot u ver such an intimate writer... Means i get it whn u wrote bout vari... Den evn bout d terror in mumbai... But d closset... Dats jus brilliance... D way u put ur thots in words...man!!! I kinda bliv v need sm motivation to work a masterpiece bt u prooved me wrng... Nw i thnk passion is enof... N i thot u wldnt b so opn to sharin ur personal lyf opnly!!! I mean its nt bout jus sharin... But hw u do it...
    *undoubtedly your best blog till date*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ hrishi : thanx a lot..really glad u cud read between the lines bcoz thats the reason u felt wat i tried to write..!! keep helping me to grow up as an writer..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work once again meow..... d last para was very convincing....n i felt it more brightly...ya we shud learn to get over the things good or bad... its jus the thing 2 convince ur heart.... tough job but not impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sanket and raj : thanks a lot :) :)

    ReplyDelete